Sunday, June 3, 2012

2012 WBR Bong and a Half TT Recap I

Just thought I would occupy your time until the "OFFICIAL RESULTS" become available.
We're back at the Bong for a second time. I wonder how many racers will come back to the Bong for a third time? Don't worry Dougie D...I'll be there with pastries...Marky Mark knows the bakers! He claims to have seen a sticker on a TTbike.
Once again, Gina knocked it out of the park with the way registration was done...NICE JOB GINA! You're our shining star! It would be awesome if you ran registration and results for all of the MATTS events! Anybody care to second that?

From here, it looks like the Otto family reunion. Where's Jeff? He's at the track...something about aero helmets, positioning, Watts...what's what's? I know "Mr. Speed"...I'll STFUAR : )

Bob Lundberg (fluorescent vest) overseeing the starting line. He's making sure everything is on time and running smoothly, so you better not be late because time is ticking if you are. Who is that young rider that looks emaciated? He could use some beer and donuts to gain back some of the weight he's lost. Hey, it’s Bob Burke, the 63 years young terminator, who's going to have the liberty of pulling me around at the Scarlet Fire 2-Person TT in Garden Prairie. I've never drafted a full 40K TT before...it sounds like a LOT of fun!
I think it's been a long morning at CORNER 1 for AL?
Best stretch of road at the Bong is in really good hands...better than Allstate! Shouldn't "HOG" be spelled "HAWG"...I think it would look better.
Daddy and daughter are holding
 it down at CORNER 2...thanks!

How did I get to CORNER 3 so fast? I'm a SPDDEMN! At least that's what the out of state tags read, I should know because I was drafting that car at 40+. No ticket was issued for tailgating by these guys...thank goodness! Once again, a big thanks for keeping things safe at this intersection.

CORNER 4 is filled with lots of signs.
What? When did Scott Walker remove the Wisconsin Child Labor Law? In all seriousness, these two young ladies did a fabulous job stopping the clock for all of the junior and 70+ riders doing the 20K TT. Ladies, checks are in the mail.

Bill looks to be putting the smack down at the finish line. Big thanks to you and your posse for gathering all the times.

Guys, I think we'll just stop in here at Lizzy's GREEN CAFE and throw some food down the chute. Reed..."Dougie D, how did you like that piece of French Toast I put on your plate?" Dougie..."Didn't know I ate it...you sure it was on my plate...I didn't taste it...I got a lot food here...damn, I must have eaten it...I don't remember eating it!" Dougie..."BA did Aimee paint that sign?" BA..."if she did, I didn't get my cut for those straight lines."

Gerald and Patricia Beam, two ABD 75+ time trialists that rock all the MATTS' events. Don't worry, I won't sell this picture (I promise?$$?), so it can be put on a brochure for cycling in Wisconsin. Pat, where's the Wolf-Berry Juice? I didn't see that on the list of 2012 banned substances. Did you sell your recipe to Lance or Alberto?


Ken and Diane Rohenhaus, two Midwest Masters that also drop the hammer at all the MATTS' events. If any of you time trialist decide to do any duathlons in Wisconsin, I'm sure you'll see them there kicking ass and taking names. As for those of you young triathletes and duathletes drafting behind Diane, she told me personally that..."you should be ashamed of yourselves for sucking the wheel of a woman in her mid 50's!" I have to agree...learn to punch out your own hole in the wind...get out and train you knuckle heads...good night Canada!





UPCOMING RACES in Illinois/Wisconsin Area:
     "CLICK" on RACE for FLYER INFO

June 24th Team Apache 40K TT
            ABR Illinois State Championship Time Trial
July 8th Get The Lead Out Time Trial (25 mile)


July 21st Rumor has it that there will be a 20K TT at Cordova; however, I wouldn't plan on it until registration opens.


July 22nd Stray Kats Dr Craig Schultz Memorial 40K TT
             ABR Midwest Regional Championship Time Trial
BA

No comments:

Post a Comment